Oracle keeps up the speed for the Glassfish Development (other than earlier rumors saying it would be downgraded to the toys-department). With 3.0 still being released by SUN last year december, the version 3.1 is targeted for later this year and 3.0.1 is already in the category promoted. You get with a Netbeans 6.9 Beta Download (from here) or as standalone package (from here).
You are running already Glassfish V3.0 and wondering how to get the updates, despite seeing x updates in your console ?
You need to change the priority of repositories. For the terminal warriors:
- Open a terminal in your Glassfish/bin folder
- execute ./pkg image-update (first time it needs to download some more stuff)
- execute it again (and it will tell you there is nothing to update)
- Now the magic: ./pkg set-authority -P dev.glassfish.org
- execute the package update again and voila
~/sges-v3/bin$ ./pkg image-update DOWNLOAD PKGS FILES XFER (MB) Completed 52/52 341/341 56.5/56.5 PHASE ACTIONS Removal Phase 44/44 Install Phase 44/44 Update Phase 877/877
- Start your domain and you are on the bleeding edge.