The device sucks big time, I just started a new trend: Android Tablet Tossing ! I might repeat some of the previous feedback here, but I need to summarize again to warn anyone to buy it:
- Wireless is extremely unstable and keeps on dropping, forcing one to toggle wireless or sometime restart the whole device.
- Stand-by drains the battery in less than 4 hours.
- The screen is very draggy and becomes unusable after a while of use. Starting various applications makes the device slow down even more (it usually ends up with 20MB free memory), the only remedy is killing running apps regularly. Even clicking sometimes becomes a nightmare because of the un-responsive screen..
- The only thing you can do, is watching movies. But it is very troublesome to interrupt a movie (with the default player), being forced to switch off to preserve energy and later switch on again to continue your movie.
You cant watch more than 2 regular movies with one battery load.
Remedy: Look for mvideoplayer (link), it supports bookmarks and autosave the last position of the movie you watch.
- No, you cant use it for PDF’s. Open any serious book (with few drawings or illustrations) and it becomes impossible to navigate or move forward/backward.
- You need to carry around the powerplug in order to charge, no USB charging.
- Not to forget 2.1 and definitely not being updated to 2.2.
It is not fair to compare it with the Samsung Galaxy Tab that I tested earlier today, but it is way smoother and faster.